Expecting: a comprehensive pregnancy app launches in Hungarian and Spanish
At the beginning of World Doula Week 2021, we are excited to announce that ExpectingApp is launching a new update that includes the addition of translations of the app in Hungarian and Spanish - available for iOS and Android!
Finding information in a language you understand during pregnancy is not an easy task – information can be outdated, biased or being used to sell you a product or service without providing you any value or information. Many mobile apps are designed as tools to collect users’ personal data, without their best interests in mind.
Enter Expecting – a new mobile app for parents, by parents, developed and written as a collaboration between leading parents’ advocacy and education groups and independent midwives, psychologists, doulas, breastfeeding, babywearing and car seat experts, funded through a grant by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union. Public funding means it has no ads, no dubious data collection, no data sharing, no commercial interests. For parents, by parents.
The first version of Expecting was launched in May 2019 in four languages (English, Croatian, Czech, Slovene). In just over 18 months, the app has been downloaded and used by over 25,000 users worldwide. During World Doula Week, starting 22 March 2021, we are excited to be launching a detailed update to the app and translations in two new languages - Hungarian and Spanish, also funded by the Erasmus+ program.
Some of the app’s features include:
- Informative articles based on the highest level of evidence and best practice
- A pairing function that allows both parents to use the app and share information
- Pregnancy week by week updates that helps users visualize baby’s development and gives helpful tips on how to deal with pregnancy challenges
- Friendly, expert advice for mothers and their partners, tailored to the users’ week of pregnancy
- Tools to log weight, blood pressure and sugar (for users who need to monitor these) that can be customized
- Lists of items to get ready for hospital and home births, as well as postpartum
- Interactive list of the top 100 baby names from fourteen countries where users can choose favourites
- Kick counter and contraction timer
One of the unique features Expecting offers parents is the fact that it offers users the possibility of syncing their apps and sharing information (like favourite baby names and shopping lists). Users can un-sync at any time. Not only that, dads have a special, dedicated section with information tailored for them from the 9th week of pregnancy onwards!
Where can I find it?
More information about features, how to download and use Expecting can be found at www.expectingapp.eu.
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
This website reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.