Final EE-CA Caucus Agenda, Women Deliver 2016
Women Deliver Eastern Europe/Central Asia Caucus
"Survive, Thrive, and Transform Pregnancy and Childbirth"
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2016
Time: 10:30 am
Location: Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Organizer: RODA – Parents in Action, Croatia
Introduction: Daniela Drandic, Head of Reproductive Rights Division, RODA- Parents in Action, Croatia
VIP Message: Ingibjorg Gisladottir, UN Women, Regional Director, Europe and Central Asia
Setting the Stage:
Moderator: Elena Ateva, Maternal and Newborn Health Advocacy and Policy Advisor, White Ribbon Alliance
- Zuzana Kriskova, Activist, Women's Circles, Slovakia – the situation of women's rights in childbirth, major challenges that women encounter and how advocacy can help overcome them
- Gunta Lazdane, Programme Manager, Sexual and Reproductive Health, World Health Organization, Europe – evidence-based care to achieve high-quality, respectful maternity care
- Tamar Dekanosidze, Lawyer, Georgian Young Lawyers' Association – the importance of understanding patients' and providers' rights and responsibilities to ensure high quality respectful maternity care
- Irene Donadio, Advocacy Officer, International Planned Parenthood Federation, European Network – outreach to the underserved and involving men in birth preparedness with a focus on safe motherhood in Central Asia (Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan).
- Katrine Thomasen, Legal Adviser, Center for Reproductive Rights, Europe – situating the issue of women's rights in childbirth within the broader spectrum of reproductive rights issues – with a focus on women's decision making and gender stereotypes.
Transition: Khayriniso Yusufi, MP, Vice-Speaker of the Parliament of Tajikistan
- Health education for youth – Moderator: Marinella Matejcic, Croatia, Women Deliver Young Leader
- Increasing safety in pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum – Moderators: Yoanna Stancheva, Bulgaria, Zebra Midwives, and Nicholas Rubashkin, USA, Human Rights in Childbirth
- Disrespect and abuse in pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum – Moderator: Iveta Jancigova, Slovakia, Women Deliver Over 30 Scholarship Recipient
Conclusion and Next Steps (5 min)
Expected outcome document: Consensus Statement