Your privacy on the Expecting App
The Expecting App collects different kinds of data to help optimize your user experience.
We collect your personal data including your first name, last name, email address and other personal information you provide, and use it in the following ways:
- Analytics: uses navigation data in services provided by the Expecting App and third parties.
- Personalisation: uses navigation data and personal information to enable us to tailor the services provided to you.
App navigation and usage data is shared with trusted third-party services where we are utilising their technology to provide essential analysis data. We will never intentionally share personal information with any third parties without your consent.
We process your data in accordance with data protection regulations in force in Croatia at the time. You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. Contact information can be found below.
Roda – Roditelji u akciji
Žerjavićeva 10, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
How do we use your information?
We analyse information to see what is most effective about our mobile application and associated services to help us identify ways to improve it and to make it more effective. We may also use information for other purposes, which we would describe to you at the point when we collect the information.
What information do we collect when you use the Expecting App?
When you use the Expecting App, we use various technologies to collect information indirectly – such as your IP address. This is common across all internet services to enable the investigation of issues such as service availability and the identification of malicious use. This information is then kept in our internet access logs. We also collect some personal information directly – e.g. when you actively submit details.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this app. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
We will hold the information for as long as we are providing you services. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time using the link within the email.
Our app tools
Use of our tools on third-party sites will be tracked. No personal data is collected by these tools. Information gathered by us includes the user's IP address, the webpage a tool is accessed from, and how many times it is accessed. In some cases, tracking is used to show user journeys through a tool. This information is the sole property of the Roda – Roditelji u akciji and will not be shared with third parties.
- We use Firebase cookies to help us understand how the app is being used. We use this information to show you different content that best fits your needs, as well as allowing us to test what type of content is most popular, thus improving the user experience. All information is anonymous. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Fabric and Firebase provide data on app performance.
- We use Firebase, which is connected to Google Analytics to analyse anonymised site usage data.
- We use survey tools to carry out user engagement surveys. These surveys may contain both personal and anonymised data. You will be reminded of specific details at the point of data capture and your rights under this policy and legislation are not affected.
We can use the following social media platforms to interact with our users:
If you choose to interact with us on social media, we may receive some personally identifiable data about you, which is supplied by the channel you are using. This may include:
- social media handles (e.g. Twitter account name)
- location history (where you are contacting us from)
- images (e.g. your profile picture)
We may use social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite) to help deliver elements of our service to you. Any personally identifiable data processed using these tools is supplied by the platforms we use, in accordance with their terms and conditions.
You should be aware that social networks may control some of the data associated with interactions between you (the user) and us (the Expecting App) on their platforms. For example, we will be able to delete our own records of a private message conversation if you request us to do so, but social networks may store a copy of this conversation that we are unable to access. We would recommend using the privacy tools built in to the social networks in question to ensure you are able to exercise your rights appropriately.
Understanding how social networks use your data
Social networks use information about your online activity to build a profile of you. This data is then used (anonymously) to send you targeted adverts across various digital platforms. You should be aware that interacting with health-related accounts such as ours may help build the profile of you that social networks maintain, and could potentially result in you receiving adverts related to health issues.
This process of collecting data for advertising purposes is controlled by the social network platform, and we do not have access to the profiling data stored by social networks about you.
Do we share information?
- We strive to capture the minimal amount of personal data, and only share with other organisations where the law permits us to do so or where we require and have gained your consent,
- we only share information with our authorised Data Processors for the sole purpose of processing the data in connection with the service we have procured from them. These processors must act at all times on our instructions as the Data Controller under Data Protection legislation,
- we do not sell individuals' information,
- before you submit any information, you will be informed why we are asking for specific information and it is up to you whether you provide it.
How can you access, amend or withdraw the personal data you have given us?
To get in touch about these rights, please contact us via the Data Controller details above. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay.
*Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues that you raise.
Keeping information secure
We invest significant resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no internet-based site or app can be 100% secure and so we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
This article was written on 29 January 2019
This communication is financed by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ Program. It reflects the view only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.